Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Devil on Her Shoulder

J.K. Rowling sat at her computer, slamming down the keys on the keyboard at a furious, superhuman pace. Satan stood behind her, looking anxiously over her shoulder.

“Yes, marvellous, marvellous!” He exclaimed, stroking his sharp, triangular goatee.

“You don’t have to hover over me at all times, you know,” she said matter-of-factly. “I know the terms of the arrangement––you provide the means for me to take care of my children, and I convert every other child into an unholy warrior for you. I haven’t forgotten.”

“J.D. Salinger said the same thing, but where is he now? You tell me that.”

2 comments:

Rick Frea said...

nice analogy

RT Scribe said...

You are going to hell.

I hear that hell's not so bad, if you've got a sense of humour about it.